2016 Hazel's Vineyard Chardonnay
Stone fruit and lifted apricot blossom give way to a seductively flinty nose.Textural citrus acidity is intensified by the characteristic vineyard note of orange zest. The north facing gravel slopes, and southern locality of this vineyard ensure that this wine is both powerful in fruit concentration, and restrained by balanced acidity.
Our Single Vineyard Chardonnays are:
- hand harvested
- whole bunch pressed
- pressed juice straight to barrel for ferment
- indigenous yeast ferment
- no additions of yeast, acid, yeast nutrient etc.
- 25% new French Oak, remainder two and three year old French Oak
- no malolactic ferment
- battonage and aged on lees
- some sulphur and light bentonite fining in Spring
- bottled in December